The Bern University of Applied Sciences is a public vocational university with a strong national and international profile. It comprises six departments and also incorporates the Higher Technical School of Wood, which is affiliated to the Department of Architecture, Wood and Civil Engineering.
The Departments of the Bern University of Applied Sciences include:
- Architecture, Wood and Civil Engineering
- Health Professions
- School of Agricultural, Forest and Food Sciences HAFL
- Bern University of the Arts
- Social Work
- Engineering and Information Technology
- Swiss Federal Institute of Sport Magglingen SFISM
As well as Bachelor and master’s degree programmes, BFH offers continuing education, applied research and development and other services.
The sports, agriculture, forest science, automotive engineering, nutrition and dietetics, literary writing and medical informatics degree programmes are unique in German-speaking Switzerland or throughout the whole of Switzerland.