The École hôtelière de Lausanne is a hospitality management school in Switzerland. The school is consistently regarded as the best hospitality school in the world. It trains students whose goals are to obtain managerial careers in the hotel and hospitality industries.
Its campus is located in Le Chalet-à-Gobet, eight kilometers from the city center of Lausanne. Today, the school welcomes more than 3,200 students from 123 different countries.
EHL is a member of EHL Group, which was founded in 2015 and is dedicated to hospitality management education. This reorganization was aimed at fostering management transparency and facilitating partnerships abroad.
It prepares students for senior international positions in the field through five programs:
- The Bachelor of Science in International Hospitality Management (taught in English or French), which includes a preparatory year of immersion into the hospitality industry, three years of coursework studying business management topics, two six-month internships (often taken abroad), and a 10-week consulting mandate
- The Master of Science in Global Hospitality Business, a three-semester program in partnership with the Hong Kong Polytechnic University and the University of Houston, with courses taught in Lausanne (Switzerland), Hong Kong (China) and Houston (United States)
- The MBA in Hospitality, delivered 80% online starting September 2017
- The Executive MBA in Hospitality Administration, a 12-month post-graduate program in hotel and hospitality management
- The Master Class in Culinary Arts, a six-month certificate focused on the advanced aspects of culinary arts such as international cuisine, gastronomy and baking
EHL offers financial support to talented students who are unable to enroll due to financial hardship.
Students, staff and teachers follow the EHL dress code, which is viewed as an additional asset for developing student potential.