Singapore Polytechnic (SP) is a post-secondary education institution and statutory board under the purview of the Ministry of Education in Singapore. Established in 1954, the institution is the first and oldest polytechnic in Singapore. The polytechnic is also renowned for its engineering programmes.
Academic schools and departments
Singapore Polytechnic offers full-time diploma courses and a range of continuing education programmes. It has eleven academic schools:
- School of Architecture and the Built Environment (ABE)
- SP Business School (SB)
- School of Chemical and Life Sciences (CLS)
- School of Computing (SoC)
- School of Electrical and Electronic Engineering (EEE)
- School of Life Skills and Communication (LSC)
- School of Mechanical and Aeronautical Engineering (MAE)
- School of Mathematics and Science (MS)
- Professional & Adult Continuing Education (PACE) Academy
- Media, Arts and Design School (MAD)
- Singapore Maritime Academy (SMA)
The Professional & Adult Continuing Education Academy or PACE Academy, is a multidisciplinary Continuing Education and Training (CET) Academy offering CET programmes for adults, both online and classroom based.